Unit 12 - Social Psychology
DAILY AGENDA - Helpful if you've been absent
General Principles and Group Pressures
Social Cognition - Attitude and Impression Formation
Read "Cognitive Dissonance" and "Forced Compliance Behavior" sections by clicking HERE
Good overview of this theory HERE
Social Identity Theory and Stereotypes
In-Group Bias article HERE (write a 4 sentence summary...that's it!)
Starter article for Fri 4/5 or Mon 4/8 (some language...sorry)
Read THIS FIRST
Implicit Association Test (IAT) - do on own time and on a computer if you'd like to see your own implicit biases measured
Blue Eyes/Brown Eyes Assignment
*Note: There are offensive words used in this clip. This is due to the difference in historically "normal" words of different eras. I hope you see the use of these words shocking today and telling of some progress we have made in (much of) our country's views on respect and equality.
- In bullet point form, describe how the following terms showed up in the Blue/Brown Eyes video (the children, the adults, or both)
Power of ROLES
Unit Test Help
- Use your NOTeS!
- Look at your objective packet!
- Look at page "preface xix" in text
- Take quizzes in book (overall unit quiz and overview is on pages 470-472)
- See "Exam Resources" - listed as Unit 10... SUPER HELPFUL!
CLICK HERE for a link to some online social psych. flashcards
SOCIAL PSYCH CHECK-IN QUIZ HERE